Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cassette Tapes

It was a long, stressful day at work today. But, during lunch I went for a walk and found myself at the door of Pure Pop, a small, local record store. I hadn't been there in a while so I thought it was time to check in and peruse the selection.

At the counter there was a long-haired hipster inventorying audio cassette tapes. "You guys still sell tapes?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah," the hipster answered apologetically, "Believe it or not, there's still a market for them."

"I know, I'm that market!"

This is great news. Now I have a local source for cassette tapes. You see, I still have a tape player in my Saturn and my '84 Jetta GLi. It's part of my auto security system. Thieves take one look at my OEM equipped cassette player and move on to the next car, an SUV equipped with navigation and a six-disk changer.

No comments: