Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Christmas Bike



A while back, I was awaiting my turn at the dump...and minding my own business....sort of...when the guy ahead of me unloaded a sharp looking bicycle. He was heading toward the scrap metal dumpster when I intercepted him.

Now, my kids are long past this stage, so I have no need for a youth's 24-inch moutain bike but I just couldn't stand by and let it be thrown on the scrap pile to rust away along side a pile of old filing cabinets and discared roofing tin.

Once I got it home I looked it over. The only thing wrong was that the brakes weren't working. It took all of twenty minutes of tinkering to remedy the situation. 

Great! Now to find a home for it. I guess I could have sold it and made a quick buck but that didn't really appeal to me. I wanted this bike to make its way to someone who really needed it.

Last weekend, I heard through an old friend about a family that was having a rough time of it. Their son wanted a bike but there wasn't money for it in their budget.

So arraigments were made.


No comments: