Tuesday, October 12, 2021

 Ah...a simple brake job...what could go wrong, right? Well, in a hinterland like Saint Albans, Vermont getting Volkswagen parts can sometimes be...tricky. Let's explore this concept with a short one act play I like to call: "No parts for you!"





Part's man (brandishing a cheesey I'd-like-to-help-you-but-I-doubt-I-can smile): "You're back again!?"

Me (brandishing that oh-so-long-suffering-exaspirated-expression that VW owners the world around wear) : "Ayup."

Part's man: "How can I help you?"

Me: "Well, you sold me the brake rotor here to the right and the one to the left is what I need. So, I'm wondering if you have the other type."

Part's man: "The one to the right looks aweful, you sure I sold you that?"

Me: "Um, my right."

Part's man: "Oh, ok. So, what do you need again?"

Me: "One like that dirty one but shiny."

Part's man: "Let me look, what kind of car did you say it was for?"

Me: "VW"

Part's man: "Vee-double-U? Okay, remind me, is that a Chevy or a Ford?"


Alas, so it goes...or better put...and...as the German say..."So ist das leben." 


In the end, it all worked out and now my old '02 Passat GLX is stopping with aplomb.




No comments: